Monday, April 12, 2010

Week Twelve

This is a time when I am painting to think and to produce while I sift through the many experience of the last week that will surely effect my art making. I am thinking about the act of art making as a process that is itself art and I am thinking about materials that are in our everyday lives and how they can be transformed. If art is now as much about context and the frame in which situations are created as it is about the physical object then ideas matter. Ideas take time to incubate. This week I am posting painting pieces because this is my thinking and a trace. The paint, ink, charcoal, pastel and glaze are applied and erased to create a palimpsest where the meanings are shifting and multiple. Nothing amounts to anything and all is work in progress.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being so organized and motivated! Your work is beautiful. You are inspiring...

    ReplyDelete