
My preoccupation with inspection and collection naturally have led me to an investigation of the magnification of organic matter. There is really no beginning to the work I am doing as it is part of a continuum wherein I collect, reflect, inspect, and turn the personal into my expressions of reproduction, fertility, nurture, family, and the chamber or the skin that separates the inside and outside, the individual and the other, the mother and the offspring, while also connecting and communicating.

Here is my bud piece and also an oblong canvas which is a inspired by magnifying plant bud tissue twenty times. Through this process I found that the tissues became so abstract they could be read as many types of organic matter.
In this work I have focused on the magnification of organic forms and our cultural preoccupation with inspection.
With the construction of the Terrarium the canvas has become a painting and an interpretation of a container for things in my life. The contained and the container are home and at once about confinement and freedom with funny juxtapositions and veils of threshold.
Has is really been sixteen weeks?

No comments:
Post a Comment